- 2 kilogram american-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup (140g) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup (140g) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (85g) orange marmalade
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1Cut pork into pieces to fit into a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients in a large shallow dish; add pork, turn to coat in marinade. Cover; refrigerate mixture overnight.
- 2Transfer pork and marinade to the slow cooker; cook, covered, on high, for 4 hours. Turn ribs twice during cooking time for even cooking.
- 3Carefully remove ribs from cooker; cover to keep warm. Transfer sauce to a large frying pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, skimming fat from surface, for 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced to about 1 3/4 cups. Season to taste. Serve pork drizzled with sauce.
Ask the butcher to cut the ribs so that they will fit into your slow cooker. To freeze; pack into freezerproof containers, leaving a 2.5cm (1 inch) space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021