Ah, banoffee pie! The combination of banana, caramel and cream is irresistible in this crowd-pleasing pie.
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 140 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 395 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 75 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 large bananas (460g), thinly sliced
- 300 millilitre thickened cream, whipped
- 1To make pastry, process flour, sugar and butter until crumbly; add egg yolk and water, process until ingredients come together. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Grease 24cm-round loose-based fluted flan tin. Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line tin. Ease dough into tin; press into base and side. Trim edge; prick base all over with fork. Cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 4Place tin on oven tray; cover dough with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake 10 minutes; remove paper and beans carefully from pie shell. Bake a further 10 minutes; cool.
- 5In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk, butter, sugar and syrup; cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring, or until mixture is caramel-coloured. Stand 5 minutes; pour into pie shell, cool.
- 6Top caramel with banana; top with whipped cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021