- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 140 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 395 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 75 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 large bananas (460g), thinly sliced
- 300 millilitre thickened cream, whipped
- 1To make pastry, process flour, sugar and butter until crumbly; add egg yolk and water, process until ingredients come together. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Grease 24cm-round loose-based fluted flan tin. Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line tin. Ease dough into tin; press into base and side. Trim edge; prick base all over with fork. Cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 4Place tin on oven tray; cover dough with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake 10 minutes; remove paper and beans carefully from pie shell. Bake a further 10 minutes; cool.
- 5In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk, butter, sugar and syrup; cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring, or until mixture is caramel-coloured. Stand 5 minutes; pour into pie shell, cool.
- 6Top caramel with banana; top with whipped cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019