- 3/4 cup (90g) pecans
- 250 gram vegan biscuits
- 1/2 cup (115g) coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 12 fresh dates (230g), pitted
- 1/3 cup (50g) coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 270 millilitre canned coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas (600g)
- 300 gram silken tofu
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Place pecans in a small bowl; cover with cold water. Stand for 1 hour; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, process biscuits, coconut oil, cacao and half the dates until fine crumbs form and mixture starts to clump. Press biscuit mixture over base and side of a 24cm fluted tart tin. Refrigerate until required.
- 3Stir coconut sugar and the water in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; boil for 3 minutes or until mixture reduces slightly.
- 4Meanwhile, whisk cornflour and coconut cream in a small bowl. Gradually stir coconut cream mixture into sugar syrup until smooth; cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- 5Blend drained pecans and warm coconut mixture with remaining dates, extract and 1 banana until as smooth as possible. Spoon mixture into biscuit case; smooth surface. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6Blend or process tofu, syrup and cinnamon until smooth.
- 7Thinly slice remaining bananas; arrange slices on pie. Serve pie drizzled with tofu mixture.
You will need to start this recipe the day before. If you have one, use a high-speed blender in step 5; this type of blender will produce a very smooth consistency.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022