- 3/4 cup (90g) pecans
- 250 gram vegan biscuits
- 1/2 cup (115g) coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 12 fresh dates (230g), pitted
- 1/3 cup (50g) coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 270 millilitre canned coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas (600g)
- 300 gram silken tofu
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Place pecans in a small bowl; cover with cold water. Stand for 1 hour; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, process biscuits, coconut oil, cacao and half the dates until fine crumbs form and mixture starts to clump. Press biscuit mixture over base and side of a 24cm fluted tart tin. Refrigerate until required.
- 3Stir coconut sugar and the water in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; boil for 3 minutes or until mixture reduces slightly.
- 4Meanwhile, whisk cornflour and coconut cream in a small bowl. Gradually stir coconut cream mixture into sugar syrup until smooth; cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- 5Blend drained pecans and warm coconut mixture with remaining dates, extract and 1 banana until as smooth as possible. Spoon mixture into biscuit case; smooth surface. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6Blend or process tofu, syrup and cinnamon until smooth.
- 7Thinly slice remaining bananas; arrange slices on pie. Serve pie drizzled with tofu mixture.
You will need to start this recipe the day before. If you have one, use a high-speed blender in step 5; this type of blender will produce a very smooth consistency.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021