- 125 gram butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 395 gram can caramel top 'n' fill
- whipped cream, to serve
- biscuit crumbs, to serve
- sliced banana, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases.
- 2In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs, beating well after each.
- 3Fold in self-raising flour alternately with combined banana and milk. Spoon mixture into paper cases until two-thirds full.
- 4Bake 20-25 minutes, until cooked when tested. Cool in pan 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5In a small bowl whisk top 'n' fill, until smooth. Transfer to a small snaplock bag and snip a small piece from one corner.
- 6Using a 2cm round cutter, cut a round from middle of each cupcake. Fill with caramel. Dollop with whipped cream. Sprinkle with biscuit crumbs, sliced jersey caramels, extra banana, and drizzle with remaining caramel.
To make whipping cream, whip a 600ml tub cream to soft peaks using an electric mixer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019