- 125 gram butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 395 gram can caramel top 'n' fill
- whipped cream, to serve
- biscuit crumbs, to serve
- sliced banana, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases.
- 2In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs, beating well after each.
- 3Fold in self-raising flour alternately with combined banana and milk. Spoon mixture into paper cases until two-thirds full.
- 4Bake 20-25 minutes, until cooked when tested. Cool in pan 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5In a small bowl whisk top 'n' fill, until smooth. Transfer to a small snaplock bag and snip a small piece from one corner.
- 6Using a 2cm round cutter, cut a round from middle of each cupcake. Fill with caramel. Dollop with whipped cream. Sprinkle with biscuit crumbs, sliced jersey caramels, extra banana, and drizzle with remaining caramel.
To make whipping cream, whip a 600ml tub cream to soft peaks using an electric mixer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019