- 1 cup short grain rice
- 1 can caramel condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup cream
- 30 gram butter
- 2 small bananas
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Combine rice, condensed milk, milk and cinnamon in a large serving dish or slow cooker, then mix until smooth. Stir in the sliced banana.
- 2Cook, covered, at 160°C for 3 hours in the oven, stirring once or twice, or 3½ hours in the slow cooker, stirring once until the rice is tender (al dente). Then stir in the cream.
- 3Just before serving, melt the butter in a frying pan and sear the bananas and pecans for 2-3 minutes. Add the honey and water, then let simmer for a minute until syrupy.
- 4Serve the caramel rice topped with the hot honey bananas and serve with cream or ice cream on the side.
This creamy caramel rice pudding is even easy enough for the kids to make and they love it if you let them add a few chocolate chips to the mix! The quick-seared bananas and pecans add the texture and gooey sweetness, so all that’s needed is a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of cream to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022