- 1 cup short grain rice
- 1 can caramel condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup cream
- 30 gram butter
- 2 small bananas
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Combine rice, condensed milk, milk and cinnamon in a large serving dish or slow cooker, then mix until smooth. Stir in the sliced banana.
- 2Cook, covered, at 160°C for 3 hours in the oven, stirring once or twice, or 3½ hours in the slow cooker, stirring once until the rice is tender (al dente). Then stir in the cream.
- 3Just before serving, melt the butter in a frying pan and sear the bananas and pecans for 2-3 minutes. Add the honey and water, then let simmer for a minute until syrupy.
- 4Serve the caramel rice topped with the hot honey bananas and serve with cream or ice cream on the side.
This creamy caramel rice pudding is even easy enough for the kids to make and they love it if you let them add a few chocolate chips to the mix! The quick-seared bananas and pecans add the texture and gooey sweetness, so all that’s needed is a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of cream to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021