- 1 cup short grain rice
- 1 can caramel condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup cream
- 30 gram butter
- 2 small bananas
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Combine rice, condensed milk, milk and cinnamon in a large serving dish or slow cooker, then mix until smooth. Stir in the sliced banana.
- 2Cook, covered, at 160°C for 3 hours in the oven, stirring once or twice, or 3½ hours in the slow cooker, stirring once until the rice is tender (al dente). Then stir in the cream.
- 3Just before serving, melt the butter in a frying pan and sear the bananas and pecans for 2-3 minutes. Add the honey and water, then let simmer for a minute until syrupy.
- 4Serve the caramel rice topped with the hot honey bananas and serve with cream or ice cream on the side.
This creamy caramel rice pudding is even easy enough for the kids to make and they love it if you let them add a few chocolate chips to the mix! The quick-seared bananas and pecans add the texture and gooey sweetness, so all that’s needed is a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of cream to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Roast pork with apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 1:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- MayonnaiseYesterday 1:00pm
- 32 amazing ways with applesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021