Butterscotch sauce takes this stack of pancakes topped with banana from the realms of delicious all the way to utterly decadent.
- 125 gram butter
- 3/4 cup 150g firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 60ml golden syrup
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 1/2 cup 225g plain flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 250ml milk
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 20 gram butter, extra
- 3 bananas, sliced
Banana pancakes with butterscotch sauce
- 1To make butterscotch sauce, heat butter in small pan, add sugar and syrup, stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, without stirring. Remove from heat, stir in cream.
- 2Sift flour into large bowl, gradually stir in combined egg yolks, milk and butter, beat until smooth.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, add sugar gradually, beat until dissolved. Gently fold egg white mixture into batter in 2 batches.
- 4Heat a little of the extra butter in heavy-based pan, place 5 or 6 banana slices in centre of pan, pour over 125ml (1/2 cup) batter, spread to cover bananas. Cook until lightly browned underneath, turn, brown other side. Repeat with remaining extra butter, bananas and batter. Serve pancakes with butterscotch sauce.
Butterscotch sauce can be made several hours ahead. Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021