Butterscotch sauce takes this stack of pancakes topped with banana from the realms of delicious all the way to utterly decadent.
- 125 gram butter
- 3/4 cup 150g firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 60ml golden syrup
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 1/2 cup 225g plain flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 250ml milk
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 20 gram butter, extra
- 3 bananas, sliced
Banana pancakes with butterscotch sauce
- 1To make butterscotch sauce, heat butter in small pan, add sugar and syrup, stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, without stirring. Remove from heat, stir in cream.
- 2Sift flour into large bowl, gradually stir in combined egg yolks, milk and butter, beat until smooth.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, add sugar gradually, beat until dissolved. Gently fold egg white mixture into batter in 2 batches.
- 4Heat a little of the extra butter in heavy-based pan, place 5 or 6 banana slices in centre of pan, pour over 125ml (1/2 cup) batter, spread to cover bananas. Cook until lightly browned underneath, turn, brown other side. Repeat with remaining extra butter, bananas and batter. Serve pancakes with butterscotch sauce.
Butterscotch sauce can be made several hours ahead. Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021