Butterscotch sauce takes this stack of pancakes topped with banana from the realms of delicious all the way to utterly decadent.
- 125 gram butter
- 3/4 cup 150g firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 60ml golden syrup
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 1/2 cup 225g plain flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 250ml milk
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 20 gram butter, extra
- 3 bananas, sliced
Banana pancakes with butterscotch sauce
- 1To make butterscotch sauce, heat butter in small pan, add sugar and syrup, stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, without stirring. Remove from heat, stir in cream.
- 2Sift flour into large bowl, gradually stir in combined egg yolks, milk and butter, beat until smooth.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, add sugar gradually, beat until dissolved. Gently fold egg white mixture into batter in 2 batches.
- 4Heat a little of the extra butter in heavy-based pan, place 5 or 6 banana slices in centre of pan, pour over 125ml (1/2 cup) batter, spread to cover bananas. Cook until lightly browned underneath, turn, brown other side. Repeat with remaining extra butter, bananas and batter. Serve pancakes with butterscotch sauce.
Butterscotch sauce can be made several hours ahead. Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What you can cook in your air fryerYesterday 10:15pm
- 20 easy desserts made with your favourite cerealsYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas tree shortbreadsYesterday 6:06am
- Jam shortbread snowflakesYesterday 6:00am
- Lemon chickenYesterday 3:57am
- Lemon chicken rissolesYesterday 3:27am
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceYesterday 1:41am
- White choc-mint candy cane barkYesterday 12:29am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 29, 2021
- Four ways with stuffingNov 29, 2021
- Festive walnut shortbreadNov 29, 2021
- Our best-ever chicken burgerNov 29, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchNov 29, 2021
- Coconut riceNov 29, 2021