- 1 litre good-quality vanilla ice-cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup coconut-flavoured liqueur
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup (50g) japanese (panko) breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 large_piece bananas (920g), halved lengthways
- 1To make coconut ice-cream, soften the vanilla ice-cream then fold in the toasted coconut and liqueur. Return to the freezer until firm enough to scoop.
- 2Combine icing sugar and cinnamon in shallow medium bowl. Beat egg in shallow medium bowl; place breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- 3Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- 4Meanwhile, dip bananas in sugar mixture; shake off excess. Dip banana in egg, then in crumbs to coat.
- 5Deep-fry bananas, in batches, until browned. Remove from pan. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 6Serve the fritters with coconut ice-cream
If you can't find japanese breadcrumbs, combine ½ cup stale white breadcrumbs and ¼ cup packaged breadcrumbs and use these instead; the taste and texture of the fritters, however, won't be the same.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020