- butter, to grease, plus extra, to serve
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup (160ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/4 cup (190g) frozen raspberries
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 14 x 21cm loaf pan. Line base and long sides with baking paper.
- 2Combine egg white, banana, sugar and oil in a bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda. Fold together until just combined. Fold through raspberries. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- 3Bake for 1 1/4 hours, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and toast, if desired. Serve with butter.
You can use the same amount of ingredients to make 24 mini muffins. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease two 12-hole mini muffin pans. You will only need about 1/2 cup of raspberries, and instead of folding them through, place one on top of each muffin. Bake for 15 minutes, until springy to touch. Make this loaf the day before and keep it in plastic wrap once cooled.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019