- butter, to grease, plus extra, to serve
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup (160ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/4 cup (190g) frozen raspberries
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 14 x 21cm loaf pan. Line base and long sides with baking paper.
- 2Combine egg white, banana, sugar and oil in a bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda. Fold together until just combined. Fold through raspberries. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- 3Bake for 1 1/4 hours, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and toast, if desired. Serve with butter.
You can use the same amount of ingredients to make 24 mini muffins. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease two 12-hole mini muffin pans. You will only need about 1/2 cup of raspberries, and instead of folding them through, place one on top of each muffin. Bake for 15 minutes, until springy to touch. Make this loaf the day before and keep it in plastic wrap once cooled.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019