With the freshness of tomato, earthyness of mushrooms salty fetta and tart balsamic this chicken casserole is full of flavour and ready in no time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 x 125g (4 ounce) chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 flat mushrooms (320g), sliced
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 80 grams fetta, crumbled
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- crusty bread, to serve
- 1Heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Season chicken; cook, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Reduce heat to medium. Cook garlic, thyme and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes, cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Return chicken to pan; cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 3Drizzle chicken with vinegar; sprinkle with fetta and parsley. Serve with bread.
Serve with mashed potato instead of bread, if you like. Use skinless chicken thighs, if you prefer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021