- 800 gram piece trimmed pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 4 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cup (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 4 brioche buns, sliced
- 200 gram cabbage, sliced thinly
- 4 trimmed radishes, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Balsamic honey barbecue sauce
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Balsamic honey pulled-pork buns
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
- 2Season pork. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat; cook pork 2 minutes each side or until browned. Add onion, garlic and herbs; cook, stirring, 2 minutes or until softened. Add stock and the water; bring to the boil. Cover; cook in oven for 2 hours. Remove the lid; cook a further 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- 3Meanwhile, make cabbage and radish coleslaw. Combine ingredients in a large bowl; season to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4Remove pork from pan, cover with foil; set aside. Strain pan juices into a bowl; reserve 1 cup of the juices.
- 5Make balsamic honey barbecue sauce. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until softened. Add remaining ingredients and reserved pan juices from pork; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until reduced by half. Season to taste.
- 6Shred pork and stir through barbecue sauce. Sandwich buns with pork and coleslaw.