- 2 kilogram whole snapper, cleaned
- 2 medium lemons (280g), sliced thinly
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon pickled green peppercorns, crushed lightly
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 680 gram asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon coarsely grated lemon rind
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Score fish three times on both sides through the thickest part of the flesh. Place half the lemon diagonally across tray, top with fish. Fill fish cavity with remaining lemon and dill sprigs. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, to make peppercorn and dill butter, combine butter, chopped dill, peppercorns and pepper in small bowl. Top fish with half the butter. Bake a further 15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- 4Cook asparagus on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned and tender. Serve asparagus with fish and remaining butter; sprinkle with lemon rind.
When a whole fish is cooked, you can usually pull out the first spiny dorsal fin on the back of the fish easily. Transfer fish to serving platter by sliding two large spatulas under fish at both ends. Green peppercorns are just unripe peppercorn berries. They are harvested when the berry is immature, then packed in brine. They have a fresher flavour and less pungency than black or white pepper. Green peppercorns are found in the herb and spice section of most major supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasYesterday 10:50pm
- The Australian Women's Weekly's classic pavlova recipeYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019