Baked ricotta with honey and almonds
- 40 gram butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup raw caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 380 gram fresh ricotta
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
- finely grated zest and juice of ½ an orange
- 1/3 cup honey
Baked ricotta with honey, almonds and orange syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 240ºC/220ºCfan-forced. Grease and line a 23cm-round (base measurement) cake pan with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and honey in a bowl until pale and smooth. Stir in flour,ricotta and egg.
- 2Spoon mixture into prepared pan; level surface. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- 3Meanwhile, to make orange syrup; place the zest, juice and honey in a saucepan; cook and stir over low heat for 3 minutes or until heated and combined.
- 4Drizzle orange syrup over baked ricotta. Serve scattered with almonds.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019