- 8 king edward potatoes (1.4kg), unpeeled
- 2/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 small_piece fresh red thai chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2/3 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 60 gram softened butter
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped roasted walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Pierce skin of each potato with a skewer or fork; wrap each potato in foil, place on oven tray. Bake about 1 hour or until tender.
- 3Top with one of the three toppings below.
- 4Combine yoghurt, coriander, chillies and lime zest in small bowl. Refrigerate until required.
- 5Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until required.
- 6Mash softened butter, wholegrain mustard and finely chopped roasted walnuts in small bowl until mixture forms a paste. Refrigerate until required.
The perfect baked potato should be salty on the outside and snow white and fluffy on the inside. You can also use russet burbank or spunta potatoes for this recipe. Pierce the skin of each potato to prevent it from splitting while in the oven. Wrapping the potatoes completely in foil results in a soft skin after baking. A lightly oiled potato rolled in sea salt will result in a crisp crunchy skin. Each of these toppings is enough for eight potatoes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Potato Salad RecipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheAug 05, 2020
- Classic sconesAug 05, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020