The perfect baked potatoes are slightly crispy on the outside and soft in the interior. Try them with one of our topping suggestions below, topped with savoury mince or even plain with butter or sour cream.
- 8 coliban potatoes (2.4kg)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes on an oven tray; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- 2Bake for 1 hour or until tender; season.
- 3Cut a cross in the potatoes; squeeze upwards from the bottom.
Serve topped with butter or with one of the toppers.
Baked barbecue beans
- 4Place 250g (8oz) halved cherry tomatoes in a medium saucepan
with a 420g (13½oz) can baked beans, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
and 1 tablespoon smoky barbecue sauce over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through. Top baked potatoes with baked bean mixture and ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan-style cheese. Season with ground black pepper.
- 5Top baked potatoes with ½ cup (140g) caramelised onion relish and 150g sliced swiss cheese. Return to oven for 2 minutes to melt cheese. Top with ½ cup (40g) sauerkraut and ½ cup (75g) sliced dill pickles. Combine ¼ cup (75g) mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon each tomato sauce (ketchup) and sweet mustard pickle; drizzle over potatoes. Season with ground black pepper.
- 6Heat a 425g can mexe beans in a small pan. Top potatoes with 25g corn chips, then beans; sprinkle with 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar. Return to oven for 2 minutes to melt cheese. Top with ½ cup (120g) sour cream, ⅓ cup (40g) pickled sliced jalapeños and ¼ cup coriander leaves. Drizzle with your favourite chilli sauce.
To reduce the baking time, par-cook the potatoes first. Prick potatoes with a fork, then microwave on HIGH (100%) for 8 minutes or until soft. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021