- 4 medium (1kg) ripe beurre bosc pears, peeled, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup (90g) golden syrup
- 25g butter, chopped
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 4 scoops good-quality vanilla ice-cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a medium ovenproof dish with baking paper. Remove cores from pears with a small spoon. Place the pears in a single layer in dish; drizzle with golden syrup, dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until pears are soft, turning and basting occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the chocolate and cream in a small heavy-based saucepan; stir over low heat until combined. Remove from the heat.
- 3Transfer the pears to a warm serving platter; drizzle with some of the cooking liquid and the chocolate sauce. Serve with scoops of vanilla ice-cream and extra sauce.