- 4 medium (1kg) ripe beurre bosc pears, peeled, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup (90g) golden syrup
- 25g butter, chopped
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 4 scoops good-quality vanilla ice-cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a medium ovenproof dish with baking paper. Remove cores from pears with a small spoon. Place the pears in a single layer in dish; drizzle with golden syrup, dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until pears are soft, turning and basting occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the chocolate and cream in a small heavy-based saucepan; stir over low heat until combined. Remove from the heat.
- 3Transfer the pears to a warm serving platter; drizzle with some of the cooking liquid and the chocolate sauce. Serve with scoops of vanilla ice-cream and extra sauce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Pasta winterveraAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022