- 2 kumara (orange sweet potato) (1kg), chopped coarsely
- 4 potatoes (480g), chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (80g) roasted pine nuts
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) thickened cream
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Roast kumara and potato, in single layer, on oiled oven tray 1 hour or until vegetables are tender; cool.
- 3Meanwhile, make garlic cream sauce. Combine cream and garlic in medium frying pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- 4Increase oven to 200°C/400°F. Oil six 2-cup (500ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 5Mash kumara and potato in large bowl until smooth; add sifted flour and nutmeg, stir to a soft, sticky dough. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Divide dough into quarters; flatten each quarter on floured surface to 1cm (½-inch) thickness. Cut 5cm (2-inch) rounds from dough; transfer gnocchi to tea-towel-lined tray. Gently knead scraps of dough together; repeat process.
- 7Cook gnocchi, in four batches, in large saucepan of boiling water, about 3 minutes or until gnocchi float to the surface. Using slotted spoon, remove gnocchi from pan into dish; top with sauce, pine nuts and cheese.
- 8Bake gnocchi about 25 minutes or until browned.
It is fine to use two 300ml (or one 600ml) cartons of cream for this recipe. We used desiree potatoes; pontiacs would also work well in the gnocchi. You can make the gnocchi and leave it covered at room temperature for several hours ahead of cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019