- 2 kumara (orange sweet potato) (1kg), chopped coarsely
- 4 potatoes (480g), chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (80g) roasted pine nuts
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) thickened cream
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Roast kumara and potato, in single layer, on oiled oven tray 1 hour or until vegetables are tender; cool.
- 3Meanwhile, make garlic cream sauce. Combine cream and garlic in medium frying pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- 4Increase oven to 200°C/400°F. Oil six 2-cup (500ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 5Mash kumara and potato in large bowl until smooth; add sifted flour and nutmeg, stir to a soft, sticky dough. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Divide dough into quarters; flatten each quarter on floured surface to 1cm (½-inch) thickness. Cut 5cm (2-inch) rounds from dough; transfer gnocchi to tea-towel-lined tray. Gently knead scraps of dough together; repeat process.
- 7Cook gnocchi, in four batches, in large saucepan of boiling water, about 3 minutes or until gnocchi float to the surface. Using slotted spoon, remove gnocchi from pan into dish; top with sauce, pine nuts and cheese.
- 8Bake gnocchi about 25 minutes or until browned.
It is fine to use two 300ml (or one 600ml) cartons of cream for this recipe. We used desiree potatoes; pontiacs would also work well in the gnocchi. You can make the gnocchi and leave it covered at room temperature for several hours ahead of cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020