- 2 kumara (orange sweet potato) (1kg), chopped coarsely
- 4 potatoes (480g), chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (80g) roasted pine nuts
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) thickened cream
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Roast kumara and potato, in single layer, on oiled oven tray 1 hour or until vegetables are tender; cool.
- 3Meanwhile, make garlic cream sauce. Combine cream and garlic in medium frying pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- 4Increase oven to 200°C/400°F. Oil six 2-cup (500ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 5Mash kumara and potato in large bowl until smooth; add sifted flour and nutmeg, stir to a soft, sticky dough. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Divide dough into quarters; flatten each quarter on floured surface to 1cm (½-inch) thickness. Cut 5cm (2-inch) rounds from dough; transfer gnocchi to tea-towel-lined tray. Gently knead scraps of dough together; repeat process.
- 7Cook gnocchi, in four batches, in large saucepan of boiling water, about 3 minutes or until gnocchi float to the surface. Using slotted spoon, remove gnocchi from pan into dish; top with sauce, pine nuts and cheese.
- 8Bake gnocchi about 25 minutes or until browned.
It is fine to use two 300ml (or one 600ml) cartons of cream for this recipe. We used desiree potatoes; pontiacs would also work well in the gnocchi. You can make the gnocchi and leave it covered at room temperature for several hours ahead of cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019