- 500 grams small orange sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chips
- 500 grams small white sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chips
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespono ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coarse cooking salt
- ¼ cup (40g) sesame seeds
- ⅔ cup (50g) panko (japanese) beradcrumbs
- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 egg
- 800 grams skinless flathead fillets
- lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- ½ cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 baby gherkins (30g), chopped finely
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place orange and white sweet potato with half the oil in a medium bowl; season. Mix well to coat.
- 3Place chips in a single layer on lined tray; bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through and browned lightly.
- 4Meanwhile, combine spices, salt, seeds and breadcrumbs in a wide shallow bowl. Place flour in another shallow bowl. Lightly beat egg in a third shallow bowl. Coat fish in flour and shake off any excess. Dip fish in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture, turning until fish is coated all over.
- 5Heat remaining oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat; cook fish for 30 seconds on each side or until browned. Transfer frying pan to oven (see tip); bake fish for 3 minutes or until just cooked through and golden.
- 6Meanwhile, make yoghurt tartare.
- 7Serve fish and chips with yoghurt tartare and lime wedges.
- 8Combine ingredients in a small bowl; season to taste.
If you don't have an ovenproof frying pan, transfer fish to an oven tray lined with baking paper before putting in the oven.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022