- 2 large (900g) eggplants
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 medium (240g) zucchini, chopped
- 4 large (400g) roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- 1 bunch rocket
- 250 gram tub cherry bocconcini
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Cut the eggplants in half lengthways. Cut a 1cm border around the edge of the eggplant flesh, then score the cut surfaces with a deep criss-cross pattern. Using a large spoon, scoop out the eggplant flesh, leaving the 1cm shell. Chop the flesh finely; transfer to bowl, sprinkle with the salt and stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic and rosemary, stirring, until onion is soft and lightly golden. Add the zucchini and tomato. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, squeeze chopped eggplant of any excess liquid. Add eggplant to the tomato mixture and cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until the excess liquid has evaporated. Season to taste, then stir in the basil.
- 5Place the eggplant shells on the prepared tray. Fill with the vegetable mixture.
- 6Bake for about 45 minutes or until the shells are tender.
- 7Serve with rocket and bocconcini.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 banana bread recipesToday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 9:21pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 1:00pm
- Macaroni cheeseYesterday 1:00pm
- Chilli chicken stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 1:00pm
- 12 sensational san choy bow recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken schnitzelYesterday 1:00pm