- 250 gram plain sweet biscuits, crushed finely
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 3 x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1Grease 20cm springform tin. Combine biscuit crumbs in medium bowl with butter; mix well. Using flat-bottomed glass, press mixture over base and side of tin; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 3Beat cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add rind and juice; beat until mixture is creamy.
- 4Place springform tin on oven tray; pour filling into tin. Bake about 50 minutes or until firm. Cool in oven with door ajar.
- 5Cover cheesecake; refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- 6Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve with sliced fresh fruit, if you like.
Another variation on the ever-popular cheesecake, this one has a lingering, light lemon taste and velvety texture.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Classic trifleNov 20, 2019
- Curried prawnsNov 20, 2019