- 250 gram plain sweet biscuits, crushed finely
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 3 x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1Grease 20cm springform tin. Combine biscuit crumbs in medium bowl with butter; mix well. Using flat-bottomed glass, press mixture over base and side of tin; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 3Beat cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add rind and juice; beat until mixture is creamy.
- 4Place springform tin on oven tray; pour filling into tin. Bake about 50 minutes or until firm. Cool in oven with door ajar.
- 5Cover cheesecake; refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- 6Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve with sliced fresh fruit, if you like.
Another variation on the ever-popular cheesecake, this one has a lingering, light lemon taste and velvety texture.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021