- 250 gram plain sweet biscuits, crushed finely
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 3 x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1Grease 20cm springform tin. Combine biscuit crumbs in medium bowl with butter; mix well. Using flat-bottomed glass, press mixture over base and side of tin; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 3Beat cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add rind and juice; beat until mixture is creamy.
- 4Place springform tin on oven tray; pour filling into tin. Bake about 50 minutes or until firm. Cool in oven with door ajar.
- 5Cover cheesecake; refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- 6Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve with sliced fresh fruit, if you like.
Another variation on the ever-popular cheesecake, this one has a lingering, light lemon taste and velvety texture.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019