- 250 gram plain sweet biscuits, crushed finely
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 3 x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1Grease 20cm springform tin. Combine biscuit crumbs in medium bowl with butter; mix well. Using flat-bottomed glass, press mixture over base and side of tin; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 3Beat cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add rind and juice; beat until mixture is creamy.
- 4Place springform tin on oven tray; pour filling into tin. Bake about 50 minutes or until firm. Cool in oven with door ajar.
- 5Cover cheesecake; refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- 6Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve with sliced fresh fruit, if you like.
Another variation on the ever-popular cheesecake, this one has a lingering, light lemon taste and velvety texture.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardYesterday 2:44am
- Cottage pieMay 23, 2022
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeMay 23, 2022
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsMay 23, 2022
- 20 perfect pasta bakesMay 23, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaMay 23, 2022
- Italian chicken schnitzelMay 23, 2022
- 20 sensational schnitzelsMay 23, 2022
- Shortbread buttonsMay 23, 2022