- 250 gram packet butternut snap biscuits
- 1/2 cup (60g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 100 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 750 gram cream cheese, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Make base: Process biscuits to fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in almonds, nutmeg and butter. Press the crumb mixture firmly over the base of a 22cm non-stick springform tin. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- 3Make filling: Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan; stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil, then boil, uncovered, without stirring, for about 10 minutes or until the syrup is a rich golden colour.
- 4Remove from the heat and immediately add 250 grams of the cream cheese. Be careful, as this will cause the mixture to froth up. Whisk continually until the cheese is combined with the caramel.
- 5Place the caramel mixture in medium bowl of an electric mixer with the remaining cream cheese; beat until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well between additions.
- 6Pour the filling into the base; place tin on an oven tray. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 7Make topping: Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl; spread evenly over cheesecake. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
- 8Cool cheesecake then refrigerate for 6 hours before serving. Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired.
If you don't have six hours, chill the cheesecake for half an hour in the freezer before refrigerating.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020