Baked bolognese pasta
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium (150 g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium (120 g) carrot, grated finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250 gram pork mince
- 250 gram veal mince
- 2 400 g cans peeled chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock or water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2 cup (500 g) fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (80 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 375 gram mini penne rigate pasta (or other short pasta)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, extra
Baked bolognese pasta
- 1Preheat the oven to very hot (240°C/220°C fan-forced). Grease a 2.5 L (10-cup) oven-proof dish.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the onion is soft. Add the minces to the pan. Cook, stirring, until browned.
- 3Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until it has thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until just tender; drain. Return the pasta to the pan. Combine the mince mixture with pasta, pour into the prepared dish.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta and half the parmesan; spread over the top of the hot mince and pasta mixture. Drizzle with extra oil. Top with the remaining parmesan. Bake in a very hot oven about 15 minutes or until browned.
Serve with a green salad, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019