Baked bolognese pasta
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium (150 g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium (120 g) carrot, grated finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250 gram pork mince
- 250 gram veal mince
- 2 400 g cans peeled chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock or water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2 cup (500 g) fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (80 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 375 gram mini penne rigate pasta (or other short pasta)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, extra
Baked bolognese pasta
- 1Preheat the oven to very hot (240°C/220°C fan-forced). Grease a 2.5 L (10-cup) oven-proof dish.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the onion is soft. Add the minces to the pan. Cook, stirring, until browned.
- 3Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until it has thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until just tender; drain. Return the pasta to the pan. Combine the mince mixture with pasta, pour into the prepared dish.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta and half the parmesan; spread over the top of the hot mince and pasta mixture. Drizzle with extra oil. Top with the remaining parmesan. Bake in a very hot oven about 15 minutes or until browned.
Serve with a green salad, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020