- 480 gram asparagus
- 300 gram green beans
- 4 x 340g fresh barramundi fillets
- 2 (280g) medium lemons, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 cup (200g) pumpkin seeds
- 2 cup fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Divide vegetables between trays. Cut three slashes crossways into the thickest part of each fish on both sides; place on vegetables. Top fish with lemon slices, drizzle with oil; season.
- 3Bake fish and vegetables for about 25 minutes, or until fish is cooked through (the flesh in the slits will appear opaque).
- 4Meanwhile, to make pumpkin seed pesto: In a mini processor, process seeds, basil, garlic, rind and juice for about 1 minute, or until well combined. With the motor still running, gradually add combined oil and water in a steady stream; process until smooth.
- 5Divide fish and vegetables among plates; serve with pesto.
If you have both trays in the oven at the same time, to ensure even cooking, either swap the trays halfway through cooking time or use the oven's fan-forced function. You can use four 250g pieces of salmon fillet instead of the barramundi, if you like. You will need to reduce the cooking time slightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022