Serve baba ghanoush topped with fresh pomegranate seeds; or for a minted version, blend with 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves and 2 tablespoons greek-style yoghurt, and pomegranate seeds, too.
Looking for more dip recipes?
- 2 large eggplants (1kg)
- ¼ cup (70g) tahini
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fetta, mint leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Pierce eggplants all over with a fork or skewer; place on an oiled oven tray. Bake for 1 hour or until soft. Stand for 15 minutes, then peel eggplants. Discard skins; chop flesh coarsely.
- 3Blend or process eggplant with tahini, juice, garlic and salt until combined. Spoon into a bowl; sprinkle with parsley. Keep baba ghanoush refrigerated if not serving immediately.
how to use Serve as a dip or sandwich spread, or with grilled fish or red meat.
Serve baba ghanoush topped with fresh pomegranate seeds; or for a minted version, blend with 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves and 2 tablespoons greek-style yoghurt, and pomegranate seeds, too. Baba ghanoush will keep for about a week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm