Serve baba ghanoush topped with fresh pomegranate seeds; or for a minted version, blend with 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves and 2 tablespoons greek-style yoghurt, and pomegranate seeds, too.
Looking for more dip recipes?
- 2 large eggplants (1kg)
- ¼ cup (70g) tahini
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fetta, mint leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Pierce eggplants all over with a fork or skewer; place on an oiled oven tray. Bake for 1 hour or until soft. Stand for 15 minutes, then peel eggplants. Discard skins; chop flesh coarsely.
- 3Blend or process eggplant with tahini, juice, garlic and salt until combined. Spoon into a bowl; sprinkle with parsley. Keep baba ghanoush refrigerated if not serving immediately.
how to use Serve as a dip or sandwich spread, or with grilled fish or red meat.
Serve baba ghanoush topped with fresh pomegranate seeds; or for a minted version, blend with 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves and 2 tablespoons greek-style yoghurt, and pomegranate seeds, too. Baba ghanoush will keep for about a week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Peanut brittle cannoliToday 4:38am
- Toasted nori chipsToday 3:30am
- Trail mixYesterday 1:00pm
- After-school snack ideas for hungry kidsYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Churros with chilli sugar & caramel sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Greek-style baked eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower and seeds falafelsYesterday 1:00pm
- 24 healthy snacksYesterday 1:00pm
- Lime and basil shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted carrot hummusYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaJan 19, 2021