Serve baba ghanoush topped with fresh pomegranate seeds; or for a minted version, blend with 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves and 2 tablespoons greek-style yoghurt, and pomegranate seeds, too.
Looking for more dip recipes?
- 2 large eggplants (1kg)
- ¼ cup (70g) tahini
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fetta, mint leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Pierce eggplants all over with a fork or skewer; place on an oiled oven tray. Bake for 1 hour or until soft. Stand for 15 minutes, then peel eggplants. Discard skins; chop flesh coarsely.
- 3Blend or process eggplant with tahini, juice, garlic and salt until combined. Spoon into a bowl; sprinkle with parsley. Keep baba ghanoush refrigerated if not serving immediately.
how to use Serve as a dip or sandwich spread, or with grilled fish or red meat.
Serve baba ghanoush topped with fresh pomegranate seeds; or for a minted version, blend with 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves and 2 tablespoons greek-style yoghurt, and pomegranate seeds, too. Baba ghanoush will keep for about a week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021