- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup (250g) caster sugar, plus 2 tbsp extra for decoration
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 4 large egg whites, plus 1 extra for decoration
- 600 millilitre cream, whipped
- grapes, to decorate
- 1Preheat oven to 140°C (120°C fan-forced). Line a baking sheet with baking paper and trace a 20cm circle on paper
- 2Combine vinegar, vanilla and cornflour in a small bowl and stir until it makes a paste. Set aside.
- 3Whisk 4 of the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk in sugar, adding a little cornflour paste with each addition, until mixture is thick and glossy.
- 4Spread meringue over paper circle and bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave meringue to cool in oven, preferably overnight.
- 5Lightly beat extra egg white. Brush grapes with beaten egg white then dip them into the extra caster sugar. Set aside on a plate to harden.
- 6Place pavlova on a platter. Spoon whipped cream over and decorate with frosted grapes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022