- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 stick lemon grass, trimmed, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large (1kg) eggplant, cut lengthways into thick wedges
- 4 medium (500g) zucchini, sliced thickly
- 2 medium (400g) red capsicums, sliced thickly
- 4 medium (600g) vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 fresh long green chillies, seeded, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Wash coriander; drain. Thinly slice roots and half the stems. Reserve leaves. Blend or process coriander root, stems, lemon grass, garlic, spices, sugar, vinegar and ¼ cup of the oil to a paste. Brush paste over eggplant on tray. Season with salt. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
- 3Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a wok over a high heat; stir-fry the zucchini and capsicum for 5 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a platter.
- 4Quarter the tomatoes, remove seeds; chop finely. Add to bowl with the chilli, rind and juice. Season to taste.
- 5Cut eggplant in half at an angle. Place on platter; scatter with tomato mixture. Top with reserved coriander leaves.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022