Asian somen noodle salad with eggplant and sugar snap peas
- 270 gram Hakubaku Organic Somen Noodles
- 4 Japanese eggplants, unpeeled, cut diagonally in 1 centimetre slices
- 227 gram fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 2 bunches spring onions, trimmed
- 150 gram sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- lime dressing, amount according to taste
- 1Prepare barbeque (medium-high heat). Combine eggplant, mushrooms and onions. Add Asian sesame oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Grill vegetables until tender, turning often (about 7 minutes for eggplant and 5 minutes for mushrooms and onions). Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a cutting board and cool slightly. Slice mushrooms and onions.
- 3Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions. Add sugar snap peas to noodles and cook for one minute longer. Drain well. Transfer noodle mixture into large serving bowl. Add grilled vegetables.
- 4Toss noodle salad with lime dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpToday 1:00pm
- French toastToday 1:00pm
- Honey joysToday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019