- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 4 green onions, thickly sliced, plus 2 extra, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 long green chillies, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 200 gram bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis, plus extra, to serve
- 2 tablespoon fried shallots
- 3 cup cooked medium-grain brown rice
- 1Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil, swirl to coat surface. Add onion, garlic and chili, stir-fry for 2 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomato, stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts and oyster sauce, stir-fry for 30 seconds or until just heated; set aside.
- 2Whisk eggs and ketjap manis in a jug. For each omelette, heat some of the remaining oil in a clean wok over high heat. Add a quarter of the egg mixture; swirl to coat base of wok. Cook omelette for 2 minutes or until just set. Transfer to a serving plate. Add a quarter of the bean sprout mixture to half the omelette, fold over filling. Repeat, using remaining oil, egg mixture and bean sprout mixture to make 4 omelettes in total.
- 3Sprinkle with extra onion and shallots. Drizzle with extra ketjap manis. Serve with rice.
You will find find shallots in most Asian supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020