Asian noodle soup
- 1 kilogram chicken necks
- 1 brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 carrot, chopped coarsely
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2.5 litre (10 cups) water
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 2.5 centimetre piece fresh ginger (10g), shredded finely
- 250 gram dried ramen noodles
- 220 gram japanese tofu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 90 gram fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 baby buk choy (300g), chopped coarsely
- 60 gram enoki mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
Asian noodle soup
- 1Combine chicken, onion, celery, carrot, bay leaves, peppercorns and the water in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 8 hours.
- 2Strain stock through fine sieve into large heatproof bowl; discard solids.
- 3Return stock to cooker; add tamari and ginger. Cook, uncovered, on high, about 20 minutes or until hot. Season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, cook noodles in medium saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain. Divide noodles into serving bowls. Chop tofu into cubes.
- 5Heat oil in same pan; cook shiitake mushrooms, stirring, until browned all over. Divide shiitake mushrooms, tofu, buk choy, enoki mushrooms, green onions and hot stock between serving bowls.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm