- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 10 centimetre stick (20g) fresh lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 red onion (100g), chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 140 millilitre can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 500 gram chicken mince
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg
- 1 carrot (120g)
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1Preheat grill.
- 2Heat oil in small frying pan; cook lemon grass and onion, stirring, until onion softens. Add five-spice, chilli, sauce, rind and coconut cream; bring to a boil. Boil sauce mixture, uncovered, until reduced by half; cool 5 minutes.
- 3Combine half of the sauce with peanut butter in small bowl. Combine remaining sauce with chicken, breadcrumbs, coriander and egg in large bowl; use hands to shape chicken mixture into four patties.
- 4Using vegetable peeler; slice carrot and cucumber into thin strips.
- 5Cook patties in heated lightly oiled large frying pan, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- 6Meanwhile, halve buns horizontally; toast, cut-sides up, under preheated grill. Spread peanut butter mixture on bun tops; sandwich patties, carrot and cucumber between bun halves.
A new style of grater, known as a microplane, has taken the foodie market by storm. Its design resembles a small metal cricket bat covered in tiny razor-like holes along its length. It is very easy and fast to use, and provides a fine, almost fluffy, shaved grate; it can also be used to grate chocolate, cheese, garlic, ginger and nutmeg. The traditional small grater usually costs just a few dollars, while the newer, bigger grater costs around $40; however, for a keen cook, it's worth the price.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021