Asian beef salad
- 100 gram bean vermicelli noodles
- 340 gram broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 500 gram beef round steaks, thinly sliced
- 100 gram snow peas, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally, plus 1 extra
- 1 lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup bought vietnamese dressing
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce, plus 2 tablespoons extra
Asian beef salad
- 1Place noodles and broccoli in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water, then stand for 5 minutes. Stir to separate noodle strands. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Return to bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add beef in 2 batches; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cooked.
- 3Add warm beef, snow peas, onion, cucumber, chilli, dressing and soy sauce to noodle mixture; toss to combine. Serve warm salad topped with extra onion and soy sauce.
Vegetarian: Replace beef with fried tofu puffs. Make ahead: Combine the salad ingredients up to 1 hour ahead. Cover, then refrigerate. Add dressing just before serving. Replace beef with 1 cup shredded cooked chicken. Price will vary.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019