- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 30 gram butter
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (40g) coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices (60g) prosciutto, chopped finely
- salt and pepper, to season
- 5 large (300g) bocconcini, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 1/2 cup (250g) breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Place stock and water in a saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large saucepan; cook onion and garlic stirring, until soft. Add rice; stir to coat in onion mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of the simmering stock mixture; cook, stirring, over low heat, until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture, in batches, stirring, until liquid is absorbed after each addition.
- 3Stir in peas, parmesan and prosciutto; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the risotto mixture thinly onto a large tray. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 4Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; press a piece of bocconcini into the centre of each ball, roll to enclose. Coat the risotto balls in flour; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then crumbs, to coat.
- 5Heat oil in large pan or wok. Deep-fry the risotto balls, in batches, until browned lightly and cheese is melted in the centre. Drain on absorbent paper.
Not suitable to freeze. The risotto used as the base recipe is also delicious served on its own.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019