- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 30 gram butter
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (40g) coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices (60g) prosciutto, chopped finely
- salt and pepper, to season
- 5 large (300g) bocconcini, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 1/2 cup (250g) breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Place stock and water in a saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large saucepan; cook onion and garlic stirring, until soft. Add rice; stir to coat in onion mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of the simmering stock mixture; cook, stirring, over low heat, until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture, in batches, stirring, until liquid is absorbed after each addition.
- 3Stir in peas, parmesan and prosciutto; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the risotto mixture thinly onto a large tray. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 4Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; press a piece of bocconcini into the centre of each ball, roll to enclose. Coat the risotto balls in flour; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then crumbs, to coat.
- 5Heat oil in large pan or wok. Deep-fry the risotto balls, in batches, until browned lightly and cheese is melted in the centre. Drain on absorbent paper.
Not suitable to freeze. The risotto used as the base recipe is also delicious served on its own.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate fig panforteToday 1:18am
- Coconut sago puddingsToday 12:50am
- White christmas rocky roadToday 12:28am
- Coriander, lemon and chilli hummusToday 12:20am
- Thai green chicken curryYesterday 1:04am
- Coconut jam dropsNov 17, 2019
- Raspberry gelatoNov 17, 2019
- Rosé sangriaNov 17, 2019
- Bordelaise sauceNov 17, 2019
- Corned beef with mustard sauceNov 17, 2019
- The perfect potato chipNov 17, 2019
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019