- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 30 gram butter
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (40g) coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices (60g) prosciutto, chopped finely
- salt and pepper, to season
- 5 large (300g) bocconcini, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 1/2 cup (250g) breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Place stock and water in a saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large saucepan; cook onion and garlic stirring, until soft. Add rice; stir to coat in onion mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of the simmering stock mixture; cook, stirring, over low heat, until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture, in batches, stirring, until liquid is absorbed after each addition.
- 3Stir in peas, parmesan and prosciutto; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the risotto mixture thinly onto a large tray. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 4Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; press a piece of bocconcini into the centre of each ball, roll to enclose. Coat the risotto balls in flour; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then crumbs, to coat.
- 5Heat oil in large pan or wok. Deep-fry the risotto balls, in batches, until browned lightly and cheese is melted in the centre. Drain on absorbent paper.
Not suitable to freeze. The risotto used as the base recipe is also delicious served on its own.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsYesterday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019