- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 30 gram butter
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (40g) coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices (60g) prosciutto, chopped finely
- salt and pepper, to season
- 5 large (300g) bocconcini, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 1/2 cup (250g) breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Place stock and water in a saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large saucepan; cook onion and garlic stirring, until soft. Add rice; stir to coat in onion mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of the simmering stock mixture; cook, stirring, over low heat, until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture, in batches, stirring, until liquid is absorbed after each addition.
- 3Stir in peas, parmesan and prosciutto; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the risotto mixture thinly onto a large tray. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 4Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; press a piece of bocconcini into the centre of each ball, roll to enclose. Coat the risotto balls in flour; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then crumbs, to coat.
- 5Heat oil in large pan or wok. Deep-fry the risotto balls, in batches, until browned lightly and cheese is melted in the centre. Drain on absorbent paper.
Not suitable to freeze. The risotto used as the base recipe is also delicious served on its own.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Raspberry and custard tea cakeJun 24, 2019
- Lamb kebabs on rosemary skewersJun 23, 2019
- Apricot bliss ballsJun 23, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJun 21, 2019
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesJun 19, 2019
- 19 indulgent dark chocolate recipesJun 19, 2019
- 12 lovely lentil recipesJun 19, 2019
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019