- 45 grams (1½-ounce) packet cream of chicken simmer soup mix
- 405 mL (13½ ounces) canned apricot nectar
- 6 chicken marylands (2.1kg)
- 1 medium leek (350g), white part only, sliced thickly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup (75g) dried apricot halves
- ¼ cup (20g) slivered almonds, toasted
- fresh micro herbs, to serve (optional)
- 1Place soup mix in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Gradually whisk in nectar until smooth.
- 2Remove and discard fat and skin from chicken. Place chicken, leek, garlic and apricots in cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 4 hours. Season to taste.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with almonds and micro herbs, if using.
Serve with almond couscous and steamed green beans.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty tagine recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Jam roll puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020
- Peach galetteMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Banana cake recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020