- 45 grams (1½-ounce) packet cream of chicken simmer soup mix
- 405 mL (13½ ounces) canned apricot nectar
- 6 chicken marylands (2.1kg)
- 1 medium leek (350g), white part only, sliced thickly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup (75g) dried apricot halves
- ¼ cup (20g) slivered almonds, toasted
- fresh micro herbs, to serve (optional)
- 1Place soup mix in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Gradually whisk in nectar until smooth.
- 2Remove and discard fat and skin from chicken. Place chicken, leek, garlic and apricots in cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 4 hours. Season to taste.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with almonds and micro herbs, if using.
Serve with almond couscous and steamed green beans.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fettuccine carbonaraToday 5:37am
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Best edible Christmas giftsYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020
- Raspberry and almond trifleNov 20, 2020
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 20, 2020
- Iced vovo sliceNov 19, 2020
- Christmas pudding ice-cream bombesNov 19, 2020
- Banana smoothieNov 19, 2020
- Honeycomb and hazelnut frozen parfait puddingNov 19, 2020
- How to make preserved lemonsNov 19, 2020