- 250 gram (8-ounce) packet sponge-finger biscuits
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) sour cream
- 250 gram (8 ounces) strawberries, sliced thinly
- 820 gram (1¾ pounds) canned apricot halves in natural juice, drained
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 2Place biscuits, in single layer, in 2.5-litre (10-cup) ovenproof dish. Spread sour cream over biscuits; top with fruit then sprinkle with sugar.
- 3Bake about 15 minutes. Stand 5 minutes before serving; sprinkle with mint.
Sponge-finger biscuits are also known as savoiardi biscuits, savoy biscuits, lady's fingers or sponge fingers; they are long, oval-shaped Italian-style crisp fingers made from sponge-cake mixture, and are available from supermarkets. Recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 Treats To Wow At Your School Fete or Election Day Cake StandYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022