- 250 gram (8-ounce) packet sponge-finger biscuits
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) sour cream
- 250 gram (8 ounces) strawberries, sliced thinly
- 820 gram (1¾ pounds) canned apricot halves in natural juice, drained
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 2Place biscuits, in single layer, in 2.5-litre (10-cup) ovenproof dish. Spread sour cream over biscuits; top with fruit then sprinkle with sugar.
- 3Bake about 15 minutes. Stand 5 minutes before serving; sprinkle with mint.
Sponge-finger biscuits are also known as savoiardi biscuits, savoy biscuits, lady's fingers or sponge fingers; they are long, oval-shaped Italian-style crisp fingers made from sponge-cake mixture, and are available from supermarkets. Recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021