- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry or 435g packet vanilla bean sweet shortcrust pastry
- 10 (500g) ripe apricots
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
- 100 gram unsalted butter
- thick cream, to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a 24cm fluted tart tin with the pastry sheets; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Line the tart case with baking paper and fill with baking weights or dried beans or rice. Bake the pastry for 10 minutes or until just golden.
- 3Remove the paper and weights, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until browned lightly and cooked. Protect the sides of the pastry with foil, if necessary.
- 4Cut the apricots in half and remove the stones. Arrange the apricot halves on the base of the tart tin, cut side up.
- 5Heat the butter in a saucepan over high heat. When it begins to froth and turn golden brown, gradually pour it into the egg mixture and beat for 1 minute.
- 6Pour the filling over the apricots and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the filling has set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021