- 1 1/2 cup (225g) dried apricots
- 3 cup (280g) quinoa flakes
- 3/4 cup (105g) quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup (110g) sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup (120g) coarsely chopped raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup (100g) virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (180g) honey
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon sugar-free apricot jam, melted, strained
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over the edge.
- 2Roughly chop half the apricots; cut remaining apricots in half lengthways.
- 3Place chopped apricots in a large bowl with quinoa flakes and flour, seeds, almonds, cardamom, baking powder and rind; stir to combine.
- 4Place oil and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to the boil, stirring until melted and combined.
- 5Pour hot honey mixture over dry ingredients, then add egg and extract; mix well to combine. Spread mixture into pan; level the surface with the back of a spoon. Top with apricot halves, pressing down lightly into the mixture.
- 6Bake slice for 20 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Brush hot slice with apricot jam; cool in the pan. Cut into slices before serving.
You can use walnuts, pecans, macadamia or cashews instead of the almonds. The ingredients in this slice read like a health food store order form - in a good way. Because it’s full of dried fruit, seeds and nuts, each bite contains protein, essential amino acids as well as beneficial vitamins and minerals.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021