- 6 cinnamon doughnuts (510g)
- 1 medium red-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1 medium green-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- 500 ml (16oz) vanilla ice-cream
- 1Split doughnuts in half horizontally. Brush apple slices
with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup.
- 2Cook doughnuts and apple slices, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned lightly on both sides and apple is tender.
- 3Stack doughnuts and apple slices on serving plates; top with ice-cream. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup.
This five-ingredient dessert is so simple and versatile: you can use pear, figs, pineapple rings or stone fruit instead of the apple.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019