- 6 cinnamon doughnuts (510g)
- 1 medium red-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1 medium green-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- 500 ml (16oz) vanilla ice-cream
- 1Split doughnuts in half horizontally. Brush apple slices
with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup.
- 2Cook doughnuts and apple slices, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned lightly on both sides and apple is tender.
- 3Stack doughnuts and apple slices on serving plates; top with ice-cream. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup.
This five-ingredient dessert is so simple and versatile: you can use pear, figs, pineapple rings or stone fruit instead of the apple.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsYesterday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladYesterday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019