- 6 cinnamon doughnuts (510g)
- 1 medium red-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1 medium green-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- 500 ml (16oz) vanilla ice-cream
- 1Split doughnuts in half horizontally. Brush apple slices
with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup.
- 2Cook doughnuts and apple slices, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned lightly on both sides and apple is tender.
- 3Stack doughnuts and apple slices on serving plates; top with ice-cream. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup.
This five-ingredient dessert is so simple and versatile: you can use pear, figs, pineapple rings or stone fruit instead of the apple.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019