- 6 cinnamon doughnuts (510g)
- 1 medium red-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1 medium green-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- 500 ml (16oz) vanilla ice-cream
- 1Split doughnuts in half horizontally. Brush apple slices
with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup.
- 2Cook doughnuts and apple slices, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned lightly on both sides and apple is tender.
- 3Stack doughnuts and apple slices on serving plates; top with ice-cream. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup.
This five-ingredient dessert is so simple and versatile: you can use pear, figs, pineapple rings or stone fruit instead of the apple.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021