- 6 cinnamon doughnuts (510g)
- 1 medium red-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1 medium green-skinned apple (150g), cored, sliced thickly into rounds (see tip)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure maple syrup
- 500 ml (16oz) vanilla ice-cream
- 1Split doughnuts in half horizontally. Brush apple slices
with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup.
- 2Cook doughnuts and apple slices, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned lightly on both sides and apple is tender.
- 3Stack doughnuts and apple slices on serving plates; top with ice-cream. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup.
This five-ingredient dessert is so simple and versatile: you can use pear, figs, pineapple rings or stone fruit instead of the apple.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020