- 2 small (260g) pink lady apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1Combine apples, 2 tablespoons of the caster sugar and water into a medium saucepan. Cook, covered, over low-medium heat until very soft. Cool.
- 2Whip cream in bowl until soft peaks form.
- 3Beat yolks with half a cup of caster sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and thick. Fold into the whipped cream.
- 4Beat the egg whites and remaining caster sugar in a clean, small bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream mixture, then fold in the cooled apple puree and cinnamon. Pour into a freezer-proof container, cover and freeze overnight.
- 5Finely chop mint and sugar together and sprinkle over ice-cream.
Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021