- 1 medium green apple (150g) (see tip)
- 1 cup (150g) frozen blackberries
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 80 marzipan, chopped finely
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Peel and core apple; cut into 1cm pieces. Place apple in a bowl with the blackberries, 1 tablespoon of the white sugar, the cornflour and marzipan; stir well to combine, ensuring the fruit is evenly coated in sugar and cornflour.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half. Place one-quarter of the fruit mixture on one half of each pastry rectangle, leaving a border on all sides; fold the opposite end over to enclose the fruit. Press edges together with a fork to seal; place pies on lined trays. Cut three slits across the top of each tart; brush lightly with water. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 4Bake pies for 25 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Serve warm.
You can use either granny smith or golden delicious apples. Granny smith apples keep their shape but golden delicious have a nicer flavour.Use other frozen berries instead of blackberries; raspberries, mixed berries and cherries would all work well.Make it six - serve pies topped with whipped cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021