Looking for more sweet slices?
- 340 gram packet butter cake mix
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 400 gram can pie apples
- 300 gram carton sour cream
- nutmeg, to sprinkle
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 26x16cm slice pan with baking paper, extending at long sides for handles.
- 2Combine cake mix, coconut and butter in a large bowl. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 3Place apple and sour cream in a medium bowl; stir to combine. Spread mixture evenly over warm base; smooth surface. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021