- 1/2 cup (45g) rolled oats
- 60 gram (2 ounces) butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/3 cup (25g) desiccated coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Grease two oven trays.
- 2Blend or process oats until chopped coarsely.
- 3Combine butter and syrup in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Remove pan from heat; stir in soda, then remaining ingredients.
- 4Roll rounded teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Place about 5cm (2 inches) apart on trays; flatten slightly. Bake about 15 minutes; cool on trays.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon deliciousYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef and lentil curryYesterday 2:00pm
- Creative ways with celeriacYesterday 2:00pm
- Apple streusel sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef silverside with parsley chat potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022