- 1/2 cup (45g) rolled oats
- 60 gram (2 ounces) butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/3 cup (25g) desiccated coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Grease two oven trays.
- 2Blend or process oats until chopped coarsely.
- 3Combine butter and syrup in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Remove pan from heat; stir in soda, then remaining ingredients.
- 4Roll rounded teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Place about 5cm (2 inches) apart on trays; flatten slightly. Bake about 15 minutes; cool on trays.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021