- 1/2 cup (45g) rolled oats
- 60 gram (2 ounces) butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/3 cup (25g) desiccated coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Grease two oven trays.
- 2Blend or process oats until chopped coarsely.
- 3Combine butter and syrup in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Remove pan from heat; stir in soda, then remaining ingredients.
- 4Roll rounded teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Place about 5cm (2 inches) apart on trays; flatten slightly. Bake about 15 minutes; cool on trays.