- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 gram almond paste
- 4 nectarines, seeded, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to very hot, 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Trim comers of pastry sheet to make a 23cm circle. Place on tray. Fold over edges to make a 1cm border. Prick base with a fork and brush all over with yolk. Bake 5 minutes, then push down puffed up centre.
- 3Roll almond paste until 5mm thick. Cut into strips and space evenly over pastry base. Arrange nectarines in a fanned pattern over top. Sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- 4Bake 12-15 minutes, until pastry is crisp and nectarines tender. Serve warm with cream or ice-cream.
You could also use plums, pears or apples in place of nectarines.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019