Almond joy fudge
- 250 gram dark chocolate (i used whittaker’s 62% dark cacao)
- 395 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 60 gram butter
- 70 gram packet whole blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/3 cup shredded coconut
Almond joy fudge
- 1Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper (two strips laid crossways inside the pan is a quick way to do it).
- 2Place a large bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure that it doesn’t touch the water. Break the chocolate into the bowl and when it begins to melt, remove from the heat and stir until completely melted.
- 3While the chocolate is melting, place the condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the butter is melted.
- 4Remove from the heat and add to the chocolate, along with the almonds. Add 1 cup of the coconut and fold together.
- 5Pour mixture into the prepared tin, smooth the top and scatter on the remaining coconut. Chill until firmly set.
- 6When set, remove from the pan and cut into squares.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019