- 100 grams packet popped butter popcorn
- ¼ cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 2 eggs
- 16 chicken tenderloins (1.2kg)
- olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup (140g) barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1Process popcorn until coarsely chopped; transfer to a shallow bowl.Combine flour, oregano, paprika, salt flakes and mustard powder in a second shallow bowl. Lightly beat eggs in a third shallow bowl. Dust chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess, dip in egg, then coat in popcorn. Spray generously all over with cooking spray.
- 2Preheat a 7-litre air fryer to 180˚C/350˚F for 3 minutes.
- 3Taking care, place chicken in the air fryer basket; at 180˚C/350˚F, cook for 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time, or until golden and cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, to make honey BBQ sauce, combine barbecue sauce, honey and mustard in a small bowl.
- 5Serve chicken with honey BBQ sauce.
You could also serve the chicken with mayonnaise swirled with sriracha sauce, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022