- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
2 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar
60g (2oz) chilled butter, chopped
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp almond meal
150g (41/2oz) frozen mixed berries
2 tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
to serve: icing (confectioners') sugar and ice-creamfrangipane filling
60g (2oz) butter, softened
1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup (80g) almond meal
11/2 tbsp plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1To make pastry, process flour, sugar and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk. Process until dough just comes together. Turn dough out onto a work surface and shape into a disc; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, to make frangipane filling, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Beat in egg yolk until combined. Stir in almond meal and flour until combined.
- 3Preheat a 7-litre air fryer to 180°C/350°F for 5 minutes.
- 4Roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper until 3mm (1/8in) thick. Using a plate or cake pan, cut out a 25cm (10in) round from pastry; discard offcuts. Sprinkle almond meal over pastry round, then evenly spread with frangipane, leaving a 3cm (1in) border. Toss berries in cornflour to coat, shaking off excess, then scatter over frangipane. Fold pastry border up and over filling.
- 5Taking care, use the paper as an aid to lower the galette into the air fryer basket, then cover basket tightly with foil; at 180°C/350°F, cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Reset the temperature to 160°C/325°F; cook for a further 15–18 minutes or until pastry is golden and frangipane is cooked through. Taking care, use the paper as an aid to remove the galette from the air fryer.
- 6Dust galette with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022