- 60 gram (2 ounces) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) finely chopped walnuts
- 3 cup (450g) self-raising flour
- 90 gram (3 ounces) butter, extra
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) milk, approximately
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease deep 20cm (8-inch) round cake pan.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in small bowl with wooden spoon until just combined. Spread butter mixture over base of pan; sprinkle with nuts.
- 3Sift flour into medium bowl; rub in half of the extra butter with fingertips. Add enough milk to mix to a firm dough. Knead dough quickly and lightly on floured surface until smooth. Roll dough to 23cm x 28cm (9-inch x 11-inch) rectangle.
- 4Melt remaining extra butter, brush over dough; sprinkle with extra sugar. Roll dough up like a swiss roll from one long side. Cut into 10 rounds; place, cutside up, in pan.
- 5Bake curls about 25 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted vegetable salad with garlic mustard dressingYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky wing with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceYesterday 1:00pm
- How to bake basic damper while campingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingYesterday 1:00pm
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerYesterday 1:00pm
- Green minestrone with pestoYesterday 1:00pm
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Paper cup popsiclesYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled cajun fish burgers with hot coriander sauceYesterday 12:46am